Acti 9 iPRF1, PRD1 Type 1 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical equipments against the direct lightning strikes.
The installation of Type 1 or Type 1+2 Surge Arresters is compulsory whenever there is a lightning rod.
They are tested and rated according to the standardised current wave of 10/350 μs.
- Impulse discharge current Iimp:
- 12.5 kA for iPRF1 12.5r is suitable for buildings with protection levels III and IV.
- 25 kA for PRD1 25r and 35 kA for PRD1 Master are suitable for buildings with protection levels I and II.
- These Surge Arresters are available either as monobloc or with pluggable cartridges.
- These ranges cover all the different earthing system: multiple-pole or single-pole devices to be assembled.
- They come with ouput contacts for remote transfer of end-of-life information (for Acti 9 Smartlink or other input/output devices).
- iPRF1 12.5r and PRD1 25r are also Type 2 rated (8/20 µs) to protect the electrical equipment by finely clipping the voltage surge.
- They are suitable for 230/400 V 50/60 Hz networks, with earthing system TT, TN-S, TN-C.
- PRD1 Master is also suitable for 440 V IT earthing system.
These two SPD Type 1 ranges provide:
- Powerful Surge Protection for installations and buildings with high lightning strike risk.
- Ensure the continuity of service of your installation.
- PRD1 Surge Arresters are fitted with easy-to-replace pluggable cartridges.
- Beware the lightning rod is not sufficient as a protection, Type 1 Surge Protection Devices contribute to the safety of your equipments.
Acti 9 iPRF1, PRD1 Type 1 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical installations against induced or conducted surges caused by direct lightning strikes:
- The IEC/EN 62305-2 specifies the use of Type 1 or Type 1+2 Surge Protection Devices in commercial and industrial buildings protected by a lightning conductor or a lightning rod.
- Surge Protection Devices are recommended when there is higher risk of direct lightning strikes..